gd morning!
yday was a fun-filled day. met up with van for lunch (late one, delayed further by me). my set was darn filling. rice n 2 variety of noodles. van's paper steamboat sure was spicy n yummy. we enjoyed our lunch. took a scroll around the renovated Marina Square. Big place, no massive crowds but no DBS/POSB Atms. Argh...
Took the NEL. My first tunnel-watching experience was funky. Though it was near pitch dark, it was pleasant.
Came home. Organised a Prata gathering for ATSB X-mem. Ben & I were e earliest at 9pm, then Jie Qi joined us at 9.30 and the rest stream in around 10. The turnout was phenomenon! we had 12 of us at "The Prata House", though some weren't x-mems, friend of friend. Chun'en, Alexis, Benson, Chen Yang, Yong Hui, Qi Lin, Nicole, Nicholas, Mario, Jie Qi, Karen, Nicole's Gf and their 2 dogs. Fun but quite hard to communicate in such big groups. See ya peepz soon.
Benson and Cy came to my house after prata for "Mr and Mrs Smith". They left around 3. I went to bed shortly.
Heard of the TimeShare scandal? Some information
here. I remebered there was once when i received a call some time back.
Caller: "Hi Sir, We would like to inform you that you have won some prizes at our shopping mall lucky draw."
Me: "Really?"
Caller: "Yes. Do you remember filling up our lucky forms?
Me: "No..."
Caller: "Oh. Are you available tomorrow to collect your prize at our office. We are located at Shaw House."
Me: "Erm... Not sure."
Caller: "Ok, I need some background information 1st. What are you working as currently?"
Me: "Part-time promotor."
Caller: "And your wife?"
Me: "I'm single. You dont have such info on the forms (lucky draw)"
Caller: "Oh... No we dont. What is your full-time job then?"
Me: "I have no full-time job. My parents provide me."
Caller: "Ok. So will you be able to make it down tomorrow?"
(I was at ikea, queuing to purchase my hotdog.)
Me: "Hello? hello? Can't hear you...." - Hangs up.
Yep. Just posting this up to raise awareness. TimeShare fraud cases first surfaced in the UK, 2001. There was a recent article on Straits Times here. Just beware, inform your parents too. They prey on couples.
Gotta pack my clothes and read up on SQL today. :)


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home