Fahrenheit 9/11:
Scorching! Bush arse been totally flamed! I know my pics been posted... I better not talk any more on politics on this blog, maybe I'll open another blog for politics...
This movie shows and tells u a lot! An awfully plenty lot on what you have NOT been hearing from the media... I mean, Singaporeans don't care a lot about what's happening outside this tiny little sunny island do they? I'm not going in deeper coz I'll end up contradicting myself in somehow or another. I'm saying that War itself is no good. People die right? The movie started off with the controversial US 2000 elections, Al Gore is the winner and all that. Then it went on to talk about Bush, how did he do in office, how much has he done and what has he done. Then, came September 11. I knew that on that very fateful day, Bush was in an elementary school, that I've learnt from the news and from the "9/11 Commision Report" (which I've yet to finish reading). But what I did not know was that it took 7 minutes for President Bush to actually get out of that chair to announce to fellow Americans that America was attacked. Howah! 7 minutes seating in that chair, emotionless, a whole lot of things must haven been going through his mind! As he was pondering hard on his next step to take, there were people jumping off those 2 flaming towers, every second a life is lost...
The film went on to talk about the Bush family ties with Saudis. About how the Saudis funded investments in major oil companies in the States which G.Bush was previously working in... It was interesting that the fact that Bush and the Saudis were that close. In fact 15 out of the 19 hijackers on the 4 planes were Saudi nationals... Well, the film only suggested a possibility that...
There were some provocative facts, e.g.: the number of troops in Afghanistan were lesser than the policemen in Manhattan, not much media reports of the thousands of American soldiers who perished in the Iraq war, the innocent peoples in Baghdad who were shot, bombed and insulted, the fact that the American people were duped by politicians in believing that Iraq had WMD, the fact that the Congress were conveniently bypassed in some decision making, the fact that poor Americans were recruited into the Army because it was the best paying job around town, the fact that out of 500 Congressmen, only 1 had a child in Iraq serving for the Nation, there's still a list that goes on and on...
I would say that this film opened up a lot of perspective that I didn't notice. I wouldn't say it's totally transparent and is nothing but the truth. What I truly believe is that the Iraq war was not necessary. On the subject on whether if G.Bush is the right leader for the Americans people, I've got no comments. I mean he has done well in some areas and not so well in some areas. 9 out of 10 for "Fahrenheit 9/11".
Ok, lemme get out of the film. If you're interested in what's happening in this world, go catch it! Wow! I realized I've been watching a movie everyday. Tt's not bad aye... It's the hols! LOL! It's been great to learn more, more about other things that I've neglected... I've yet to finish the long "9/11 Commission Report", 1/2 way through the photography book, haven't lay my hands on 2 other books. Well there's more for me to digest in the coming days. :-) There's still so much more that I don't know that might evoke my interest, some might only be for a short period of time, some might turn out to be my lifetime hobby. I'm constantly on the look out for new things. This is so cool! All I know is that when I'm feeling strongly about something, I'll hafta get it out. Yep, tata! Hope u've enjoyed reading my blog.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home