15 Jan 2007

CNA Blooper: Temasek Holding

Update, 17/01/07:

I know who is more powerful than Google, mrbrown. brown covered a short post on this.

Temasek Holdings accountable if Shin Corp deal fails: PM Lee

SINGAPORE : Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong said Temasek Holdings is accountable if its purchase of Thailand's Shin Corp fails.

He spoke in an interview with Reuters on the sidelines of the ASEAN summit in Cebu.
Last year, Temasek Holdings led a $3.8 billion acquisition of Shin Corp - a deal which is now said to have dropped in value.

Mr Lee said it was a "commercial proposition", and if it did not work out, it would be "Temasek's fault and it has to answer for it".

Reiterating that it was not a government matter, he also said it was premature to talk about losses on the Shin Corp deal. - CNA /ls

Oh, so now we know what's the latest news is about. Maybe the CNA editors are still "editing" this article, even though some of the rest have got the headline pushed through their RSS feed.

IHT has a longer article here and another article from The Edge.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't think that many of you know that I set my homepage as Channelnewsasia right? Well, at 22:19 on 15th January I stumbled upon a headline that caught my eye. I certainly thought that that would have been a juicy piece of news.

Notice the circled headline.
It read: "Temasek Holdings accountable if Shin Corp deals fail: PM Lee"


I clicked on the link, and it turned out the page was invalid. Hmmm... why is the article not there?

The Google search led to the same dead end as well.



Dead End

I would really love to read that article. Seriosuly, if anyone has read/seen it, please inform me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home