17 Jan 2007

Ikea

I caught Pan's Labyrinth with vnsa at GV Max.



Award-winning filmmaker Guillermo del Toro delivers a unique, richly imagined epic with PAN’S LABYRINTH, a gothic fairytale set against the postwar repression of Franco’s Spain. Harnessing the formal characteristics of classic folklore to a 20th Century landscape, del Toro delivers a timeless tale of good and evil, bravery and sacrifice, love and loss.

Watch the trailer here: here.

It was a dark fairytale thriller. Yea, Fairytale and thriller hardly compliment each other but this movie made it, it's really unique. If there's any fairytale that gives you nightmares, this would be the one. Some of the characters might give you the creeps and the theme song, it's has a contagious rhythm. All in all, it's a film worth watching and it has won numerous awards. It's not like any other movie; the script wonderfully blends fairytale into the real world. :)

I liked it.

Ikea was the next stop for the day, as I initially planned to purchase a mattress but the ones at Ikea were not absolutely to my liking. Vnsa managed to get more boxes for her room and I picked up the snake soft-toy at a bargain price of $1.90 for my sister.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home